- View New Content
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Elmer Is Buying A [Any Quality] Wilson Weave!
Agent Elmer - 18 May 2013 02:10 PM
22 Apr 2013 01:35 PM | Leon in Ozzy Furocity
So you want to join us on Minecraft? [Updated]
Awesome! Here is your 8-Step guide on how to get setup to play on our server.
Ozzy Furocity runs it's own Technic Pack called "Oz Technology". It's similar to Feed The Beast and uses the Technic Launcher.
Our server is hosted on a dedicated machine in Sydney, Australia.
- Read the Whitelisting thread so you can get white-listed on the server as quickly as possible. The most important part is setting your Minecraft username in your profile.
- Read the Server Rules. No really, please be sure that you do. If you have any questions please make a new thread and we'll do our best to answer you.
- Take the time to update your version of Java if you haven't recently. If you have a recent machine, you'll probably want to download and install the "Windows x64" version. If you're on an older machine, download the "Windows x86" version. If in doubt, you can skip this step.
- Download the Technic Launcher, it's a custom launcher that allows us to distribute the pre-made mod pack that we use for our servers. Save it somewhere where you can easily find it!
- Open the Technic Launcher and on the Main Screen, Select "Add New Pack" from the side bar on the left hand side.
- Copy and paste
http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/oztechnologyinto the text box, then click "Add Modpack"
- Select OzTechnology from the side, type in your username and password and click "Launch". This will close the launcher and boot up the modded copy of Minecraft. It may take a while the first time you do this or when we update the modpack, as the files will need to be downloaded.
- OzTechnology will now Launch. From the Main Menu, select Multiplayer => Add Server
- Server Name: Ozzy Furocity
- Server Address: mc.ozzyfurocity.net:25575
If you have any issues, download a copy of the Teamspeak Client and join our Teamspeak Server (ts3.ozzyfurocity.net) and we'll help you out.
21 Oct 2012 08:01 PM | Rythmear in Wheatley's Corner
"There is never any real danger in allowing a pedestal for a hero. He never has time to sit on it. One sees him always over and over again kicking his pedestal out from under him, and using it to batter a world with."
-Gerald Stanley Lee
- Picture by Blazan
05 Oct 2012 07:46 AM | Leon in Ozzy Furocity
You know, I noticed an interesting fact yesterday. Having a look over the past 30 days of bans, the vast majority were completely automated. Thanks to the hard work of people in and around OzFur, we’ve been using mechanisms to detect and deal with cheaters, known trade scammers and most recently advertisers all without requiring the intervention of a moderator.
However, sometimes there are things that happen on our servers that do require moderator intervention and during those times it can be hard to get things dealt with if a moderator isn’t around. Given that we have more servers than moderators (due to our high standards and recruiting practices) a new way to get moderators where they needed to be was devised.
We are now trialling a new system which was designed in-house. Players can now report misbehaving players using the !report command, select a reason and level of urgency. When a report is filed, every moderator playing on an Ozzy Furocity server will be given a notification within 30 seconds and offered a “one click” instant transfer to the server the report originated from. A global message is also posted on Teamspeak for the moderators who hang out there. It couldn’t get any easier :3
Now this is not a replacement for taking screenshots / demos, as sometimes a moderator may not be available…but in the vast majority of cases a moderator will respond. Abuse of this feature (or sustained unverified reports thereof) may result in a permanent ban from Ozzy Furocity. As a general rule, “Normal” urgency should be used for inter-personal disputes/issues. “High” urgency should be used for issues that affect the whole server (IE: Cheaters/Exploiters)
Later on, we may implement reputation and trend analysis algorithms to reports that will ignore the whiney types of people and remove the people who get a report a day from different people...but that is just an idea as this stage.
Regardless, enjoy the new future and use it responsibly.
08 Aug 2012 06:02 PM | Rythmear in Wheatley's Corner
"Well I can make orcs dance too... and by dance I mean Die when I poke them with my bladestaff!" - The Apprentice
Are you a bad enough dude/dudette to beat the Mad Chatters performance in Orcs Must Die 2?
Survive against the horde longer than us and win a prize!